Current Time in Pago Pago

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

“Lover bum, lover bum, where fore art thou lover bum?”

Last Thursday the 7th Pam and I drove up to salt lake for the all powerful, death defying, awe inspiring, nauseous making, voice male concert. It truly was a sight to behold! I didn’t know weather to laugh or to cry! Truly! It was like a train wreck! It was horrifyingly disgusting but yet, I couldn’t look away. At one point I was laughing so hard I almost threw up. It turned out to be a fun night. We sat a little ways behind Jessica and her group that were on a date……and Amy, I have to tell you, we were watching like hawks all night and you wouldn’t believe this boy! And his hands! You wouldn’t believe his hands! I couldn’t believe it myself! I was shawked! What kind of a boy acts like that! I mean come on! He had his arms folded the whole night! He didn’t try to hold her hand! He didn’t put his arm around her! He didn’t even prop himself up with his arm. He just sat there with his arms folded the whole night! And he was such a nice boy too. I mean, he’s from Texas! You don’t find guy’s like that every day (well unless you’re in Texas that is)
After the concert we stayed at Grandma Jeans and Grandpa Dick’s house in north salt lake. It’s a beautiful home with plenty of room to sprawl out in but under the circumstances Pam and I bunked together that night…..and every night till our “men folk” joined us. Now some of you may think, “why, with several rooms and a king size bed at your disposal would you bunk down with your mother – in- law” well, I’ll tell you. I’m not scared of the dark, if that’s what you’re thinking, even thought I do sleep with a night light (it’s for security purposes) and I don’t think there are monsters in my closet. It’s just that all of my life I’ve never slept alone. Now, I know what you’re thinking again “wow that Jessica, we knew she was a wild one!” The truth is that the last time I slept in a room by myself I was six! Then my little sister was born and I got a roommate. This lasted till I left home at 17 where I again had a roommate. After that I went on a mission where I received a “white bible” which clearly states “companions will retire at 10:00 pm and must sleep in the same room but not in the same bed.” Following this all to brief period I came home and had my mom for a roommate for the brief four month period until I was married. Upon which I gained a new roommate.
With this kind of sleeping history I’m sure you can understand why I never sleep alone (to the pure all is pure) and I was especially grateful when Matthew finally came to salt lake. Not that Pam was all that bad, in fact, quite the contrary! It was nice not to have to fight for covers all night and to stay on the bed without being nudged off and holding on for dear life. But I must admit, Pam doesn’t cuddle half as well as Matthew! J
After a torturous four day stint without each other we came to the conclusion that we just can’t live without each other. I truly don’t know how we survived! Having Matthew without Jessica is like peanut butter without jelly! It’s like Mac without the cheese! It’s like organic without a recycled canvas bags for $1.99, you can have one without the other but it’s painful to imagine life that way.
So, Matthew and I are together once again. And once again I have to fight for nightly necessities. But after one cuddle with him, I wouldn’t have it any other way!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

i know the feeling of hating to sleep alone! I have always dreaded it too. Now when Kyle goes out of town I either go with him, call Mike over, or let the kids sleep in my room!