Current Time in Pago Pago

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A difference of Three Bucks!

So we are shopping the other day, (this is Matthew, by the way. Yes, Jessica allows me on the computer every once in awhile, as she looks on, ensuring that I don’t download some virus… whatever a virus is.) and we head to the egg section. I became enthralled with the many varieties of organic or otherwise free range eggs on hand. As I reached for the $5.00 a dozen eggs which were all organic, brown, and vegetarian fed, free range etc. etc. my sweet wife, not wanting to offend my organic sensitivities but still conscientious of our budget, softly responded, “what about these extra large eggs for only $2.00.” they were generic. Maybe I am just wicked (as Jessica would say) but I really wasn’t going to spend $5.00 on a dozen eggs. I just wanted a reaction. Her soft non-offending response to my suggestion made me chuckle and love her all the more…Kucky! Anyway, we decided to meet somewhere between free range eggs and non-recyclable cartons, splitting the $3.00 difference. Of course, with the $1.50 saved I went and bought some doughnuts – I think I need some counseling.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I love this story for the sheer fact that it proves that Matthew is still human...doughnuts, were they organic?