Current Time in Pago Pago

Sunday, June 22, 2008

"I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Attention: This blog is not for the faint of heart

Par Mindy's request, I am blogging every Sunday as part of my reverent activities. And to emphasis how committed I am I am blogging even in my weakened condition!
On Thursday night from about 10 till 4 am I had the opportunity to study ever detail of our bathroom as I was hit with a small bout of diarrhea. Feeling much better on Friday but not wishing to share the fun with others I chose to stay in my room for the day and recoup.
On Saturday I woke up in my usual cheerful manner, called out the window to my animal friends to have them join me in a happy little working song as we did our Saturday cleaning. As I was merrily skipping about the house singing and dusting, it hit me! I thought perhaps I just need something to eat since it was now around 11 and I had yet to obtain substance. I quickly discovered that food was not the answer! I returned to my bed in hopes that some rest would help me to recover. As the day progressed I found myself falling deeper and deeper into the pit of despair! Pam immediately came to my aid with all sorts of remedies, eye of newt, dragons scale, and Wet Burch Bark. I was so grateful for her help and promises that I would feel better soon.
After having “the run” every 20 minutes or so for 8 hours I was ready for some help. We called doctor dad and nurse Matthew and pled for aid. Dad said that among other things that my duodenum (which connects your stomach to your small intestines) was inflamed and clogged. As the pain worsened I didn’t so much care what the problem was but how to fix it. I was desperate for some relief. Pam and I tried everything we could think of but to no avail. Finally, after over 8 years, the silence was broken. I threw up. (This is such a rare occurrence for any Hunt woman I thought it worth mentioning). At that point I knew I was at a new extreme. I finally felt some relief which was quickly taken from me as I turned on the television to the the food network……big mistake! I found myself sinking lower and lower, so, to keep my mind off of food I came up with a song that I sang over and over again. I think I’ll share it with you


This short little ditty really helped my through some ruff spurts! As I felt life slipping farther and farther away and saw the lights getting dimmer and dimmer in the distance I knew I was in real trouble when I was dad’s face. His jaw slightly dropped and his eyes bulged when he first saw me. When I finally looked in the mirror I understood his reaction! I looked like ‘Kiss’ after being hit with a coal truck. Not a pretty sight. (Matthew just said I looked like the jet puff marshmallow guy with 2 black eyes….he wanted to remind me that I was bloated)

So dad and Matthew offered a blessing and Pam said a prayer but it wasn’t till 2 in the morning that relief came. I was desperate for a reprieve. I tearfully turned to Matthew begging for a release. He offered a prayer and within minutes I was asleep and slept for a whole 2 hours. After that I began to improve and could fall asleep again for short bits as Matthew kept his hand on me and messaged my back. I truly couldn’t have survived without him!

Today is Sunday and I’m doing much better. I can now sit up without getting nauseous and I have managed to keep down several swallows of Gatorade. Because of Matthew’s superior nursing skills I made him a nurses’ hat. Now no one will wonder who the best little helper is!







So, even in my desperately week condition, where I can’t stand up without help and can only flush if I muster all my strength, I have blogged my little heart out. I hope this fulfills my commitment to Mindy for my blogging requirements. Who knows, after this blog she may change her mind!

11 comments:

Mindy said...

That would be a very funny blog if I did not have the disturbing feeling the whole time that the last thing you ate before all the maddness started was quiche...that I made! Do you think that was it? We are all healthy and fine here so I dont think it came from us but I still wonder if it was... I am so sorry either way. But you did the right thing in blogging like you promised...you probably only did it because you thought you were on your death bed and could not pass to the other side without fulfilling all your promises.

Scott R. said...

We are laughing so hard we're choking. Scott hasn't laughed that hard in at least one year and three months. Duah, duah. You are one funny girl. We hope you are all better and we're glad the very bewildered nurse Matthew is there to help you.

Love, Scott and Sarah. Your new faithful Sunday night blog readers.

Jill said...

Only YOU would make up, and PERFORM a song when you are deathly ill! That was hilarious! Get sick more often so we can all have a good laugh...ha ha just kidding. I hope you feel better soon. I will have to remember to make Mike a nurses hat next time I am on my death bed! lol

Unknown said...

oh jessica! that sounds horrible i am so sorry that you are sick but i think you were supposed to have that so you can have somthing to blog about!! JK i really hope you feel better and do well get feeling better!

lvoe ya much

Keri Kemp said...

oh jessica! im glad your better!
" what would the world be w/ out her?" :)

love ya guys much!!

Mindy said...

Just so everyone knows Jessica is not better. I think she excerted too much energy writing and singing that song. She went into relapse and is not doing well. Pray for her. And Sarah if you want something truley funny go to Jessicas and Matthews Face book and watch their toothbrushing video and their welcome tour of their apartment in Hawaii...I laughed hard!

Unknown said...

ok so jess a week has gone by we passed sunday and no new posts!! where in the world are you i think that you have fallen off the earth!! jk well i cant wait to hear from ya soon

Mindy said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, last night you texted me and told me the blog was being posted.....guess what? No blog. Please dont do that to me...I just dont deal well with that kind of rejection.

Keri Kemp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keri Kemp said...

soo a post yet?? :) lol

The Hydes said...

Technical difficulties people! Sorry for the delay. matthew and I stayed up till midnight trying to upload a video but it just wouldn't work so we have put a link that I hope will work. If not please let me know and I will try to figure something else out! We did try!